This semester, I have learned so much regarding technology! To begin with the basics, I learned how to operate a SmartBoard and a document camera, two things I was terrified of when the semester began. But more than that, I learned that technology is important. When it is incorporated into the curriculum in a thoughtful and constructive manner, it engages students and gets them involved in their learning! At the beginning of the semester I felt strongly that technology was scary and difficult to incorporate into lessons, and that it took away from education. Which it can if used incorrectly. But when used correctly, education is an important educational tool.
Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
I incorporated my NETS for teachers into my lesson plans and final project well. I created projects that allow the teacher to experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
Creativity and Innovation
Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
The projects I created for students to complete allow them to do just this: demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
I will carry on the NETS for students and teachers into my curriculum when I become a teacher. They are a useful tool for identifying whether technology is being used as a tool or becoming a hindrence to learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment