Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Blog #5: Smartboards

I learned how to operate a smart board. Before this lesson, I knew nothing. So today I learned how to drag things and how to use the crazy-colored pen.  I was very overwhelmed when first introduced to the smartboard but now it’s so fun and I appreciate its importance in the classroom.

            My lesson is a math lesson for a first grade class. Using gumballs, the students will help solve number problems. I will use the dragging tool as well as the crazy colored marker, calling on students to solve number problems. http://exchange.smarttech.com/details.html?id=dd26d41d-fa67-484f-acd1-56b1e991a5f5

            Activboards are quite similar to smartboards but have more features. Also you can draw without the pen, a feature I really appreciate. An article published after the second round of activboards came out states, “The long-term use of interactive whiteboards (i.e. for more than two years) improves the engagement of pupils through the use of high quality still and moving visuals, sound and interaction and increases the dialogue between teachers and pupils.” I agree! I can totally see how students would be more engaged with the use of an activboard. The article mentions that you can use an “ELMO” with the activboard. What is an ELMO?
www.prometheanworld.com/server.php?show=ConWebDoc.5181 -


No comments:

Post a Comment