"Caught on Video" had a lot of very good points. It is a whole lot easier to track students' understanding and progress in video form than by a simple letter grade. I'm not sure I agree with doing away with the current grading system. But I think videos can be a great tool in addition to grades for students to learn and show their peers and parents what they have and are learning in class.
I agree that video would be a great form for sharing what they have learned in class with parents and that it can also be used to track the students progress. Though I think that it can also be used to show parents in what areas their children are struggling so that parents can also help their children at home with problem areas. I also do agree that though this is a great tool for recording progress we should not do away with the current grading system since it is still in use at universities and the student should be prepared and know how they will be assessed when they attend a college/university.
ReplyDeletePedro