Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Reflection #4
Miss Gehrke uses a random name selector to call on students sometimes. It is so brilliant! I did not know they existed. This way things are fair and she can not be called out for favoring students. Plus it just looks cool. She did a give-away of small prizes as a reward the other day in class. Students got so excited and cheered for their classmates when they won a prize. As a teacher, this random name selector would also be good for checking for understanding. The teacher could use it to call on students to answer questions. Students won't feel he/she is "calling them out" that way, because it's random!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I didn't realize these existed! I will totally want to use these. Do you know where to find one?
ReplyDeleteThis is a brilliant idea. I think I remember seeing an application for this on the SmartBoard Software using numbers. Every students receives a number and when the Smart board randomly selects their number then that student must answer the question!
ReplyDelete